As planned, on September 24, Apple released an update to the iOS mobile operating system for version 13.1 and the new iPad OS for tablets.
The decision to accelerate the release of update 13.1 (the initial release was scheduled for September 30) is because, in the basic version of iOS 13, which was released on September 19, there were many small errors. In addition to corrections, the iOS 13.1 update brings support for Siri Shortcuts (allows you to set the sequence of actions for one short Siri command), the ability to share your location on Apple Maps with friends and family, sharing of data for corporate devices, and the notorious “processor control” function ( the processor was slow down in older models with a worn battery).
Recall, iPadOS is not a new OS, it is iOS branch optimized for large tablet screens. The announcement of iPadOS took place at the June WWDC conference, the last few months have been beta testing the OS and now it has become publicly available. The update adds many long-awaited functional innovations. One of them is the new main screen with widget support. The latter can be displayed next to the usual application icons, providing ample customization options. And since this is the first basic tablet version, it naturally includes many of the innovations of iOS 13. There is the system-wide dark mode, updates to the standard Apple Maps applications, Photos, and Reminders, as well as support for Xbox and PS4 controllers. IPadOS also supports Safari desktop mode (sites will now be displayed in normal mode instead of mobile; the ability to work with web applications like Google Docs directly) and enhanced multitasking capabilities (you can open one application in two windows and quickly switch between multiple applications/widgets). Using the Files application, you can access documents on USB drives and file servers. A detailed list of innovations iPadOS 13.1 is on the Apple website.
But with the basic you can familiarize now:
- To transfer files via AirDrop, just point the Smartphone at another new iPhone with a U1 chip (the function does not work in Russia);
- In “Teams” appeared “automation” to simplify the daily routine;
- When navigating in the "Maps" you can share the route and estimated time of arrival with friends and family members;
- Optimization of charging to slow the aging of the battery by accelerating the full charge of the iPhone;
- Performance optimization for iPhone XR, XS, and XS Max to prevent unexpected outages, including the ability to turn off the function;
- Notifications that the installed battery cannot be confirmed as genuine for iPhone XR, XS, XS Max and later;
- Authentication notifications in iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max;
- Corrections of problems of the mail, camera application, incorrect display of icons on the main screen and other problems.
Also, you should know which devices receive iPadOS support :
- iPad Air 2 and later;
- iPad mini 4 and later;
- Classic iPad 5 or later;
- the entire iPad Pro line.